2005/02/02

My notions case (for It's a Purl Man contest)


I use different bags as knitting bags depending on my projects, so here is my notions case instead.

The case itself is a felted swatch gone bad. It holds:
- 6 stitch holders,
- 3 crochet hooks for picking up dropped stitches (2mm, 4mm, 8mm)
- 1 cable needle,
- pointy scissors,
- threader / yarn cutter,
- yarn needles packed in small case,
- 2 row counters,
- one shopping adder from the 1970's used as a kacha-kacha row counter,
- ruler / needle gauge,
- tape measure both in cm and inches,
- colour pencils for highlighting and drawing patterns,
- pencil sharpener.

I also keep a Susan Bates needle gauge and swatch measurer inside my Boye set case along with a conversion table for metric, UK, US and Japanese needle numbers.

Other stuff I might carry inside my knitting bag along with the Boye set and the notions case:
- a small purse with stitch markers,
- a case for my DPNs,
- a tube (the kind used for keeping rolled posters) with my straight needles.

Guido, I hope my input will be of help to you. And thanks for your podcast.
PS: next time please don't forget to mention a deadline for the contest. I don't know if I'm in or not.